Next, we move to the firewall foreword section. I got to say this is probably the most intimidating part of the build for me as I am completely novice in this space. Electrical stuff I can deal with but engine... never had to fiddle with ever.
Anyway, here it goes. Started with mounting the inverted oil components on the firewall and the engine mount. Well that was the easy part. The difficult part was getting the right hoses. I decided to get the hose pre-made from TS Flightlines. He first shipped is a bunch of hoses that we cut to the size we wanted. The hoses were shipped back. Tom at TS Flightlines then put fire sleeves and connects and we ended up high quality hoses that fit perfectly.
Also ended up routing the control cables for throttle, mixture and prop. Still figuring out the routing for EGT/CHT probes plus other electrical stuff.
This part of the built took pretty long (much longer than I anticipated). I think we spent more than 50 hrs just figuring stuff (trying and retrying). The attention to detail needs to quite a bit and that takes a lot of time.



No comments:
Post a Comment